Lawyers Specialized in Labor Law
The Labor Department at Caruncho, Tomé & Judel provides professional advice to employers and individuals on matters concerning labor relations. It offers consultancy and administrative management services to businesses and professionals and handles issues unique to Labor Law, including disputes arising between employers and employees.
What is Labor Law?
Generally speaking, the Labor Law department deals with any dispute that arises between an employer and an employee. Since this branch of law is one of the most changeable in terms of regulations and jurisprudence, it is important to be up-to-date and very well-advised in this area.
Who can benefit from our Labor Law services?
The employer-employee relationship gives rise to numerous incidents that must be resolved before a Labor Relations Court. Drawing upon its broad knowledge of human resource management and the potential legal implications, our Labor Law department is well-equipped to defend your interests in court. We provide counseling to employees, employers and corporate groups, and we even assist with collective bargaining and representation rights (union law) cases.
Advising and Administrative Management for Companies and Professionals:
We support our clients at every stage of their professional activity, from the establishment of their company (guiding them on the best type of company formation, requesting the name they have chosen, filing the forms with the Commercial Registry, processing the registration with the Tax Agency and Social Security Office…) to the daily management of staff fluctuations, contracts, payroll and social insurance, monthly and quarterly tax returns… We represent our clients before the Labor Inspectorate, and we prepare and monitor corporate employment policies.
Labor Law for employers and employees:
- Labor aspects in corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Senior management contracts.
- Exclusivity and confidentiality agreements.
- Subrogation of businesses.
- Unlawful labor assignments.
- Dismissal and conciliation procedures.
- Collective labor agreements and company-wide collective labor agreements (agreement opt-out)
- Redundancy procedures.
- Labor proceedings. Labor inspections, Social Security, administrative appeals and claims.Disciplinary proceedings and benefits surcharge.
- Processing of disciplinary cases, letters of warning and dismissal.
- Monetary claims.
- Disability and retirement pension claims.
- Processing of unemployment, temporary disability, retirement and occupational accident benefits.
- Benefit Plans, pension plans and funds.
- Calculation and processing of retirement pensions.
Our Team of Professionals in the Labor Department
The Department is made up of lawyers and Human Resource professionals specialized in labor affairs, forming a multidisciplinary team that covers all areas connected to labor management for companies and individuals in relation to such affairs. These professionals also teach courses in different institutions and give regular lectures on relevant Labor Law issues in different forums.