Lawyers Specialized in Commercial Law
What is Commercial Law?
Generally speaking, our Commercial Law department handles all issues related to the commercial business owner, the business and the business owner’s economic activity.
Commercial Law is one of the most dynamic branches of the legal system and is constantly evolving in response to the changing realities of the business world. Due to this unique dynamism, together with the growing importance of regulatory compliance in the business sector and the complexity and breadth of trade regulations, business owners should receive appropriate and prompt advice to ensure the continuity of their activity and, where appropriate, the limitation of their personal liability.
What services are included under Commercial Law?
We expertly handle a variety of matters, including:
- Competition law.
- Industrial property – patents and trademarks.
- Corporate law.
- Commercial and banking contracts.
- Securities (bills of exchange, promissory notes, cheques).
- Bankruptcy proceedings.
We also defend our clients before the civil and commercial courts in all types of legal proceedings involving the business owner.
Within the commercial field, we have proven experience in specific and relevant sectors such as:
- Claims for anti-competitive practices – cartels, etc.
- Patents and trademarks.
- Formation, structural operations, dissolution and liquidation of companies.
- Pecuniary liability of corporate directors.
- Application for voluntary bankruptcy proceedings.
- Application for involuntary bankruptcy proceedings.
- Intervention and defense of corporate directors in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Intervention and defense of creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Distribution, concession and commercial agency contracts.
- Leasing contracts.
- Bank contracts.
- Exchange and cheque proceedings.
- Buying and selling of companies.
- Establishment of foreign companies in Spain.
- Internationalization and foreign trade of Spanish companies.
Our Commercial Law Team
The lawyers in our department have extensive training and proven experience. They teach courses on the subject to future professionals, give frequent lectures on Commercial Law issues in a variety of trade and business forums, and are regular collaborators with the media on issues related to Corporate Law.